- Some people are kind, polite, and sweet-spirited until you try to sit in their pews.
- Many folks want to serve God, but only as advisers.
- It is easier to preach ten sermons than it is to live one.
- The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
- When you get to your wit's end, you'll find God lives there.
- People are funny, they want the front of the bus, the middle of the road and the back of the church.
- Opportunity may knock once, but temptation bangs on your front door forever.
- Quit griping about your church; if it was perfect, you couldn't belong.
- The phrase that is guaranteed to wake up any audience: "And in conclusion."
- If the church wants a better pastor, it only needs to pray for the one it has.
- Not only are the sins of the fathers visited upon the children, but nowadays the sins of the children are visited upon the fathers.
- God Himself does not propose to judge a man until he is dead. So why should you?
- To make a long story short, don't tell it.
- If your left hand doesn't know what your right hand is doing, you should consider running for a job in Washington, DC.
- Some minds are like concrete, thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
- Peace starts with a smile.
- I don't know why some people change churches; what difference does it make which one you stay home from?
- A lot of church members who are singing "Standing on the Promises" are just sitting on the premises.
- We were called to be witnesses, not lawyers or judges.
- Outside of traffic, there is nothing that holds this country back as much as committees.
More about this article:Sent to Friend
Posted on: 2008-03-22
Last Modified on: 2008-03-22
Rate this forward:
Viewed: 4165 times
Sent to others: 1 times